Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ocean Waves, Seascape Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


6" x 8" Oil, $150

Vacationing in FL with family and soaking up the sun
as well as the different looks of the ocean - morning, evening, with and without clouds,
from afar, standing in the waves,
thinking about how I would paint the reflections of the clouds on the waves 
under the different circumstances.
Today I hope to do some figurative painting on the beach,
hope to get a family member to pose in a beach chair,
reading a book or just looking out to sea.
Not a bad job if you can get it!
We'll see how I fare.

Thanks for taking a look today.
I welcome your feedback.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Amy! Love the deep blue and aqua color... I'm taking a trip in August with my family to Florida...can't wait to paint there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, fellow artists, I appreciate your encouraging words. Keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You have captured the power, movement, and dignity of the sea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...