Sunday, March 31, 2013

Favorite Sunflower, Contemporary Floral Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


11" x 14" Print of Oil Painting, $79
This painting was done in the negative painting style
taught to me by fellow artist Amy Tuso of Fountain Hills, AZ.
I started by  brushing on various colors at random all over the canvas.
Then I took a look and seemed to discern a sunflower hiding in there.
So I painted the negative space, or the "air" around the flower,
and let the sunflower emerge. 
This is one of my favorite paintings,
so I had some high quality prints made
on heavy, beautiful paper,
in order to make this painting available
at a very affordable price.
Please let me know if you would like to purchase one at

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to create, it came out beautifully, like a explosion of joy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane; I really appreciate hearing from you. Warmly, Amy

      Delete

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...