Thursday, January 16, 2014

Florida Sand Dunes, Abstract Seascape Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


24" x 30," Mixed Media, $700
Day 16 of CHALLENGE 30/30
30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today I started a figurative painting that I'm really happy with,
but alas, not enough time today to finish it.
So this is my substitute for Day 16,
a mixed media piece I have been slowly completing over the last several months.
Having grown up in Florida, the beach still calls,
and I like the sense of sea oats that the foreground paper brings.
The sand dunes partially hide the water but lead to those waves.
I also like the ambiguity of the sand line/wave feeling.
To purchase, please contact me:
To see more art, please visit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...