Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beach Day, Beach and Ocean Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


20" x 24", Oil, $800

Painting 34 of CHALLENGE 56

Countless layers of paint make up this scene, as did
countless compositions.
Four days of painting, scraping, paper-towelling,
lightly adding layers, and ever so slightly tweaking,
and finally I think I found the stopping point.
I wanted to show the reflection of the sky on the wet sand,
as well as the grasses on the border of the beach.
And I wanted to achieve some abstraction
while developing a softer beach scene.
Lastly, I worked for color harmony.

To purchase this painting please contact me directly at

To see more of my artwork please visit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...