Monday, April 2, 2012

Desert Wonder Southwest Landscapes by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse

16"x20" Oil, $299 To purchase please let me know you're interested: amy.whitehouse@me.com So I just saw a quotation in Elise Blaha Gripe's blog that says, "I can't do this but I'm doing it anyway." That rings true for me tonight. I had about 6 things on my to-do list today. At 8:00 a.m. the list looked completely reasonable. I figured, heck, I can get some painting in today also. Then at 8:00 p.m. I realized I had only gotten 2 of the items accomplished: I picked up one of my children from school (1) and I taught piano lessons (2). Well, I did do a little laundry and cleaned up the kitchen, not because they were on the list; they don't need to be on a list, they yell at me and mock me until I tackle them, however half-heartedly. Why do I keep evaluating myself by what I do (or, more often, what I don't do)? God loves me unconditionally, He tells me I am loved with an everlasting love. He promises to never leave me. He works all things together for good for those who love Him. So what does this have to do with the painting posted today? Not sure, but He did create all these beautiful sights for us to enjoy. So tomorrow, when I try to work on the two 5'x6' canvases that are due Friday, I think I'll just say, "I can't do this but I'm doing it anyway." And the list can be re-written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...