Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cactus Blooms Southwest Landscape Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


24" x 36" Oil on Canvas, $250

 Feeling a little schizophrenic (in the common use of the term):
I'm reading  a book on Francis of Assisi and trying to take away something
I can use in my life.
It begins with exploring his journey to radically simplify his life,
really know the voice of God,
and commit to poverty.
Okay...
in the midst of texting, voice mails, e-mails, driving teenagers to different charter schools,
making orthodontic/dental cleaning/haircut/pediatrician/ appointments,
changing said appointments because of conflicts with OTHER commitments,
grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, teaching piano lessons,
teaching painting lessons,
beginning a new co-op art gallery,
exercising to increase my energy,
returning phone calls,
posting artwork online to several online galleries,
MAKING ART,
letting the dogs in and out 25 times a day,
sending out birthday cards,
mailing paintings that have sold (thank You, Lord),
reading/praying/journaling...
where do I begin to simplify...
and "poverty"?  I don't think so...
what about the orthodontist/music teacher/birthday gifts,
not to mention electricity, gasoline, FOOD...
Well...when I paint, all of these concerns and "ought to's" disappear
and I am one mentally healthy camper. 
Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...