Friday, July 30, 2010

Palm Trees Are Beckoning

16" x 20" Acrylic Mixed Media
It feels like it's been a long hot summer. I long to go to the beach and breathe in some fresh salt air. This painting may be my favorite of the summer. It began by pouring some Nickel Azo Yellow (Golden Fluid Acrylic) on a stretched canvas prepared with Orange all over. After pouring a little I looked for an image from the random pour. What do you know I saw palm tree tops! Imagine that. Anyway I spent several days refining it, adding a little collage paper to some trunks, trying things and painting over, til I was happy with it. I wish I could spend all day in my studio, but then I would miss my time with the girls....if only I didn't have to sleep I could have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...