Monday, February 9, 2015

Country Road 2, Contemporary Landscape Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


8" x 10" Acrylic, $195

This little painting was inspired by James Taylor's "Country Road,"
perhaps my very favorite of his songs.
(I'm a huge fan, I'm not afraid to admit it.)

One of my after-school painting classes was doing landscapes with
palette knives last week, and I wanted to try one, too.
Though the entire painting wasn't painted with a palette knife, 
most of it was, as that was the assignment.

BTW my favorite rendition is from James Taylor's LIVE album.
That two-disc album is somehow not worn out;
must've listened to it hundreds of times.

If interested please contact me

To see more of my artwork please visit

1 comment:

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...