Sunday, September 2, 2012

Florida Sea Gull Animal Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


12"x12"x1.5" Oil on Canvas, $150

Obviously I'm into sea gulls right now;
painting them takes me back to the beach
and gets me out of Monsoon Season here in the valley.
For those who haven't experienced this dreadful season,
it's about having high temps and high humidity,
but virtually no precipitation.
Not my favorite.

Anyway, this painting has the 1.5" edges painted the same color 
as the bird's shadow.
Because it is such a sturdy canvas,
it can be placed anywhere,
on a kitchen counter, bookshelf, desk,
tabletop, CREDENZA (just thought of that word :)
and because an oil painting is relatively
indestructible,
it can be moved around everyday and won't suffer at all.
You can even hang it with a long headed tack on the wall.
I change the art around in my home weekly.
That way it's NOTICED.

If you want this beautiful bird, contact me at


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...