Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reaching Upward Landscape Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


4"x 12" x 1.25" Acrylic, $65
#4 of my CHRISTMAS SALE
To purchase this painting, please contact me at

Enjoying being in Northern AZ for a few days with 
my beautiful daughter Faith.
The trees are magnificent with more fall color each day.
I did paint a small canvas of the Ponderosa pines today,
will photograph it tomorrow and post it soon.
The title of today's posting echos a quotation I discovered last night with Faith:
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.
Try to be better than yourself."
-William Faulkner
Though Faulkner hasn't been a favorite of mine,
I'm ready to try his writing again.
Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...