Saturday, January 5, 2013

Angel Dog, Contemporary Pet Portraits by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


This is an oil painting of my angel dog, Alfie, when he was a pup.
He is coming up on 8 years old and still guarding our home with ferocious tenacity;
when he HEARS something anyway.
This particular painting is not for sale because I can't part with it.
HOWEVER
I love to do pet commissions 
so please let me know if you'd like one done of 
YOUR special pet.

Contact me at
for details.

As I write, I am sitting in a lovely apt. in Denver, CO,
anticipating visiting the exclusive VanGogh exhibit
tomorrow at the Denver Art Museum.
I am so excited as Vincent is my favorite artist.
Recently a friend asked me why that is,
to which I responded that his work is
raw, fresh, real, and simply speaks to my soul.
It is so honest.
I will tell you all about this exhibit in my next post.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing to me that this dog has advanced to angel. I guess it is all about to whom or to what you compare yourself.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...