Friday, August 31, 2012

Purple Flower, Floral Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse


36" x 36" x 2.5" Oil, $1100

I have been working on this painting for the last week.
There is a little more green - a leaf - at the top, as well as more of the leaves
in the lower left corner.  It's a little hard to photograph as it is a BIG square.
I'm really happy with the outcome, though I couldn't seem to adequately capture it
with my camera.
The background is a light buttery yellow, 2.5" edges painted the same 
so it hangs easily and with contemporary flair with no frame.

Making art is such a gift, gratifying, exciting - 
I never know exactly what I'll end up with and enjoy the surprises.
I understand why Vincent VanGogh went without food -
and nearly everything else - in order to buy paint.

I have several paintings in my head.  
And I'm looking forward to seeing how they play out.
Stay tuned, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...