Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hospitality Contemporary Still Life Paintings by Arizona Artist Amy Whitehouse

Day 4 of CHALLENGE 60 features an 18"x24" Oil Painting of a Pineapple, the traditional symbol of hospitality. God's Word tells us to "practice hospitality" (Romans 12). This short sentence is preceded by another short one: "Share with God's people who are in need." Wow. As I am writing, I just now see the connection for the day. I chose this painting seemingly randomly, but then the subject reminded me of the verse about practicing hospitality, which led me to look up Romans 12. This CHALLENGE 60 is about helping my friends pay their bills, but their needs are not just financial. This family has been through more than I can imagine being able to get through; their needs include encouragement from those who love them and from those who are just now hearing about their needs. Remember 60% of this $60 painting cost will go to share with a specific family in need of encouragement. (I'm keeping this family's name private, but all sales from this 60-day period goes to the family mentioned in the previous CHALLENGE 60 posts.)

2 comments:

  1. Un ananas est prévu pour mon dessert aujourd'hui et c'est donc un belle et agréable surprise de découvrir le vôtre aux couleurs généreuses...
    Gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup, Martine Alison, pour toujours reponder et m'encourageant.

    ReplyDelete

Take Time to Play

Oil on Canvas, 30" x 24" Blues and Greens go so well together, don't they? This painting depicts a playful attitude - at least...